Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guysI am new to this board and i have found it very informational.I am ibs-c very severe.But i just wanted to know if anyone can give me an idea about how they go at work with constipation.You see i have just recently got offered a full time job but i am worried about how i am going to go at work with my constipation,because i take laxatives every night as my doctor has said i have to empty my bowel everyday because of an enlarged rectum(sorry guys i know it is gross).But when i take laxatives i have to go a few times a day and it is very embarrassing when you go to the toilet making a lot of noise after taking laxatives.Can someone please give me some ideas.Thanks Tina34

·
Registered
709 Posts
tina
can you cut back how much laxative you take? also, what kind of place will you be working in? (i work in a big library--big bathrooms on all 6 floors--so i can usually find one that's empty since it's summer and fewer students are around).what time will you be starting work? 9am?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Or you could take the laxative in the afternoon at work and be home in time for it to work. I find that most laxatives work much more quickly if you are moving around after you take them as opposed to doing it right before bed.....just a thought. I think you will do yourself more harm than good to worry about it at work. If you dread going there....eventually the laxatives won't work as well because if the stress you are under wondering when you are going to 'explode' and be embarrassed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
like minimum asked, what kind of place will you be working in? cause for my job (its only part time, but the days i work are full 8am-5pm days) there are only a few toilets but then, there are only a few employees. so, generally i can go, take my time and not worry about people walking in and stuff. to tell u the truth, i have better bms at work then at home!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,Thank you all so much for your replies,you have all given great advice and i will be taking it into account.The job offer i got was at a child care centre and the hours are from 6am to 5pm so there are lots of employees and one toilet very close to the staff.But i will use your ideas they are great.Thanks so muchTalk to you again soonTina34

1 - 5 of 5 Posts