Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if I need advice or Im just venting. I feel like everything, all of the things Ive been fearing, are coming so soon. My boyfriend, who is my escape from IBS, he helps me through everything, is going away to collage on Thursday and I will be able to see him most weekends as opposed to every day and I really don't know how Im going to do it without him. Then the 26 my mom is going way and im staying at my aunts house and going to my first concert (Janet in case you wanted to know) with my cousin which im sooo dreading bc i dont have my mom or my boyfriend and Im terrified of going to a concert. I cant even sit in the the middle of an asle in the movies! Then the 5th i go back to school, which is the worse bc i was home schooled for the majority of last year. School is the worst fear in the world. My mom always says that I can do it and never wants to talk about it and just says I better get good grades. I dont know what to do. I feel like everything is falling apart and coming so soon. Sorry just to ###### on here but I really needed to get it out. Thanks for listening...xoxo Liz

·
Registered
759 Posts
Liz, go to the concert and have fun, but if it is going to be a torture, then do not do it. This is suppossed to be a cool experience, not a traumatic one.I know how you feel about your bf bc mine is very supportive and I feel he is the one person that best understands this whole IBS thing. When he does not go places with me I feel alone and rather go on my own than with somebody else.Take one thing at a time; we preocupy so much, don't we?
If it makes you feel better, make sure you know about where all the bathrooms are in school and prepare for it. The best thing that works for me is to always be prepared and anticipate any kind of negative circumstance that might possibly happen, that way I stay more relaxed.Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Liz, go to the concert and have fun, but if it is going to be a torture, then do not do it. This is suppossed to be a cool experience, not a traumatic one.I know how you feel about your bf bc mine is very supportive and I feel he is the one person that best understands this whole IBS thing. When he does not go places with me I feel alone and rather go on my own than with somebody else.Take one thing at a time; we preocupy so much, don't we?
If it makes you feel better, make sure you know about where all the bathrooms are in school and prepare for it. The best thing that works for me is to always be prepared and anticipate any kind of negative circumstance that might possibly happen, that way I stay more relaxed.Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Do you take anything for your IBS? For the Janet Concert - pop a few immodiums in your mouth & you'll be ok. Just wear a depends pad or something in case you can't get through the crowd fast enough. They are so thin now a days you won't even be able to see it & mentally you'll feel secure & enjoy yourself.For school...just tell people you have a nervous stomach & sometimes have to vomit because of it. That is what I tell people. Vomiting sounds better than diareah for some reason. Don't know why but it just does?Have fun seeing Janet.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Do you take anything for your IBS? For the Janet Concert - pop a few immodiums in your mouth & you'll be ok. Just wear a depends pad or something in case you can't get through the crowd fast enough. They are so thin now a days you won't even be able to see it & mentally you'll feel secure & enjoy yourself.For school...just tell people you have a nervous stomach & sometimes have to vomit because of it. That is what I tell people. Vomiting sounds better than diareah for some reason. Don't know why but it just does?Have fun seeing Janet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replys. Ive tried bental and levsen but neither seem to do anything for me since my only real trigger is anxiety. My mom doesnt want to put me on any anti-anxiety meds-she thinks i cant get through it without them. I hope so!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replys. Ive tried bental and levsen but neither seem to do anything for me since my only real trigger is anxiety. My mom doesnt want to put me on any anti-anxiety meds-she thinks i cant get through it without them. I hope so!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Alot of people can learn to control their anxiety without medication.It may be worth looking into getting a self-help book on anxiety that helps you learn various coping techniques. Techniques used in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be very effective at controlling anxiety and can be used for IBS as well. Click on the books like above and check out Dr. Bolen's book Breaking the Bonds of IBS.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Alot of people can learn to control their anxiety without medication.It may be worth looking into getting a self-help book on anxiety that helps you learn various coping techniques. Techniques used in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can be very effective at controlling anxiety and can be used for IBS as well. Click on the books like above and check out Dr. Bolen's book Breaking the Bonds of IBS.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I take a drug called Remeron (30 mgs). It is for IBS D & it is a very mild antidepressant/anti-anxiety drug. I do not suffer from depression or anxiety but take it for IBS. Maybe you can look into something like that? Remeron is also non-addictive.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I take a drug called Remeron (30 mgs). It is for IBS D & it is a very mild antidepressant/anti-anxiety drug. I do not suffer from depression or anxiety but take it for IBS. Maybe you can look into something like that? Remeron is also non-addictive.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts