Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about at wits end.I have been having indigestion with acid reflux, and sometimes I have D.I don't feel hungry al ot of the time and when I do eat, my stomach feels very full.I also have a swollen looking stomach and feel gas moving around.My doctor's nurse prescribed Pepcid 20mg twice a day for it and says stress can make more acid and that I'll have to take the Pepcid for awhile to get results.Has anyone had similar?Even on the Pepcid I still get queasy, have gas, and some reflux. Does it take time to help the symptoms?Please let me know if this is familiar to you.Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi there, I just wanted to tell you, that I used to feel like that a lot when I first started getting all of my symptoms. I still get it sometimes, but not like i used to. Im not really sure what I did to help it, other than taking zantac , and I was also taking liberax. My gastro doc had prescribed the liberax. I think its mainly for cramping, but he said it would also help with the uncomfortable tummy too. I used to take it three times a day, or as needed. I hardly have to use it now. But I still have indegestion quite a bit. Usually the zantac does it for me. It is true that the stress makes the indegestion worse. I know this for a fact. The other night I inhaled some dust, and I have lots of allergies and asthma, so as you can imagine, my asthma started acting up and then I had some sort of reaction to the dust and my lip swelled up so big , I could hardly talk. I started to panic because I thought my throat might swell, and when I started getting upset and panicked, I got some major indegestion. I didnt have the indegstion before I got upset, so Im pretty sure that it was from being upset. I took some zantac and after I calmed down, it went away.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi there, I just wanted to tell you, that I used to feel like that a lot when I first started getting all of my symptoms. I still get it sometimes, but not like i used to. Im not really sure what I did to help it, other than taking zantac , and I was also taking liberax. My gastro doc had prescribed the liberax. I think its mainly for cramping, but he said it would also help with the uncomfortable tummy too. I used to take it three times a day, or as needed. I hardly have to use it now. But I still have indegestion quite a bit. Usually the zantac does it for me. It is true that the stress makes the indegestion worse. I know this for a fact. The other night I inhaled some dust, and I have lots of allergies and asthma, so as you can imagine, my asthma started acting up and then I had some sort of reaction to the dust and my lip swelled up so big , I could hardly talk. I started to panic because I thought my throat might swell, and when I started getting upset and panicked, I got some major indegestion. I didnt have the indegstion before I got upset, so Im pretty sure that it was from being upset. I took some zantac and after I calmed down, it went away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.