Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Ive been up the DR's twice yesterday in agony.They wanted to try one more thing until they take me to hospital.They gave me fiboygel and lactalouse.I have had three small BM's since,but there is a lot more to come.The pain has eased up somewhat but the wind I am getting is terrible and my stomach is like a washing machine-growling and bubbling.Do you think I should go to the hopspital tomorrow or wait a few more days?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really want to die right now.The pain is awful but it is better.I guess the bubbling and wind is a good sign it is moving right? what excaltly will the hospital do anyway?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would think they would give you a little citrate of magnesia it would get things moving.. This is the stuff they use for the bowel prep for a colonoscopy... Taking just a little would get things going for you... It draws water into the intestines to get it moving.. Do you drink lots of water????? I mean as much as 2 liters... or more..???In the hospital they would probably give you enemas to get things going.... Either way not very pleasant .... Hope you are doing better now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Samu 2, I know this awful pain . I had it yestaerday . First I had an enema then I took 5 capsules of charcoal with a lot of warm water.To day I feel great. I would say don't go to the hospital but if you cannot take out the waste with the enema you should go to the H. To see if you don't have any obstruction in the bowels Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.I just called the Dr and he has prescribed me an enema,im not sure if it will work as it is pretty high up but im willing to try anything.

·
Registered
557 Posts
i hope you are feeling better. is lactolose that medicine thats a light yellowy transparent colour and seems quite sugery but really it looks and tastes disgusting? i have nightmares about that stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts