Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an e-mail from someone I know that has police connections!This is what it said (not word for word):A couple of weeks ago in a Regina movie theatre a young woman felt something sharp poking out of the seat when she sat down. When she finally got it out of the seat, it was a needle with a note on it saying "you have just been infected with HIV"! The needle was infected with HIV!There have been several incidents reported around the country, some needles have been discovered in the slots of soda machines and pay phones. The rest of it advised extreme caution when faced with these situations, etc.Guess where my 12 year old was this afternoon? The movies!.... She hasn't returned home yet... I'm terrified!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I can't imagine the psychopath that would do such a thing!! I agree with you Mark - when will it ever end? Are we to be suspicious of everthing outside of our own houses???? God help us.------------------Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.Missycat

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Much to my RELIEF my daughter is home - safe and with no incident!I just spoke to the person who e-mailed me the above. She said it didn't happen in Regina but rather the Regina police had been notified of the occurance but it is happening all over...I was just sick when I read it and "thought" it was Regina...!Yes, it seems the world IS crumbling around us. Maybe the Jehovah Witness couple that live next door to us have a point. They say the end is coming, it is obvious to anyone who looks at the things that are happening in the world...

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I saw nothing in the newspaper regarding these incidents. I wouldn't assume that they actually occurred until they are officially reported.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
flux - you didn't DISAPPOINT!! Somehow I knew you'd say this..... actually, for once, you have a point.I wondered that too, but then again, sometimes are kept hush-hush and the general public is not made aware of them. Who knows?Anyway, WHY would the police be sending this notification to other police departments if it ISN'T true?If it isn't true, it certainly "could" happen, you cannot deny that!!

G

·
The world is a scary place to live in nowadays. I don't doubt that such a thing DID occur and that it's kept somewhat quiet. Can you imagine the panic that would ensue should something like that be widely reported? AIDs is still such a stigmatized disease......

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
The idea of keeping something like this quiet borders on a conspiracy theory and is probably not feasible: How do you suppose the police can keep the victim or witnesses from talking?

·
Registered
674 Posts
HIV and AIDS are really frightening diseases...I've seen them firsthand working at a hospice. What got to me most was not that these people were dying and that they'd accepted it, but that most had been totally deserted by friends and family....shameful.Just a thought....wonder what it would be like to play charades with Flux? *g* ------------------An' it harm none, do what thou wilt.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I've received this email or a version of it on 5 different occasions. Different locations, different needles like in the coin return of a pop machine. I think it is pure Internet myth. It's possible but I don't think there is one documented case. I could be wrong though.------------------Joe

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Joe - I hope this IS just an internet hoax...But still, it could happen and that in itself is scarey enough!!Sherlock - personally, I think playing "charades" with flux would be rather boring! He'd likely be analyzing every move...!

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I agree with Anxious. Although I think the story might have got originated by something. Maybe someone fell into a bush off of their bike (or something like that) and got pricked by a needle...? I don't know. But I too have heard that story in a few diferent forms.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This scare story also makes it sound as if Aids is easy to catch - I think its actually quite a fragile virus - doesn't survive long and is realtively difficult to be infected with.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ama - I admit I am not an authority on the subject but having watched TV documentaries on the subject, I've come away with the impression that any needle you come into contact with could contaminate you. And the schools always caution the children to STAY AWAY from any needles found lying around - to let an adult handle such things... don't know for sure though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think it is an Internet Hoax right now but just the fact that someone thought of it means that it could happen. I'm not sure either how easy it is to contract it.------------------Joe

G

·
I too got this E-mail on the same subject. But it was also reported on our news; whether it is true or not. But the fact is - if it is a hoax; the fact that someone had the idea in the first place makes it feasible for it to happen. My daughter and I went to the post office the other day and she stuck her hand in the stamp machine's coin change slot. I wanted to stop her for some reason (couldn't remember at the time why I didn't want her to do that) but I didn't stop her in time. She did come out with a dime and she is okay. But this brought it all back. Children have to be watched like a hawk to protect them these days. Did ya'll just hear about the pipe bomb at the prom in Florida that had to be cancelled?The pipe bomb was real and was loaded with nails and if it would have gone off; it could have caused much injury. People - where, oh where is your faith in God? Young people need to wake up and start going to church; go back to the old time basics. Baby boomers - it is high time that we stop "babying" ourselves and take responsibility for ALL of our children. Some of you have seen the same pendulum swing too far too. Well, I must get off of my soap box for now. Ya'll just got me carried away. Maybe this is the way for us to reach the masses. AMF

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.