Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 47 years old and just got diagnosed with IBS and it's mostly severe cramping and constipation, sometimes with nausea. I was given to take as needed compazine for the nausea, plus the doctor gave me a perscription for Levsin which I tried twice.. once the other morning when the cramping was like a muhl kicked my lower intestines. Also, my Family doctor gave me a persciption for Donnatal if the Levsin doesn't work... which one would work better for the severe cramping ?? I never had cramping such as this before and it makes you feel like you're going to die.. and makes you feel almost scared to eat. Back in May, after having acid reflux for 20 years, I was diagnosed through a G.I. doctor with Barrett's Esophagus and after 15 years of the Prilosec working, I am now taking Protonix 40 mg twice a day.Any advice would be recommended.Thank you,Robert

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Which one will work better for you is really something that depends a lot on individual variation. There isn't really a good way to guess which drug will work better for which person. You just have to try them to see what works well for you.Both of these drugs have helped people, so either one may work for you. If neither one works you may need to switch to some other type of control like an antidepressant (which blocks pain often at doses too low to effect mood).K.

·
Registered
14 Posts
quote:Originally posted by artist77:I am 47 years old and just got diagnosed with IBS and it's mostly severe cramping and constipation, sometimes with nausea. I was given to take as needed compazine for the nausea, plus the doctor gave me a perscription for Levsin which I tried twice.. once the other morning when the cramping was like a muhl kicked my lower intestines. Also, my Family doctor gave me a persciption for Donnatal if the Levsin doesn't work... which one would work better for the severe cramping ?? I never had cramping such as this before and it makes you feel like you're going to die.. and makes you feel almost scared to eat. Back in May, after having acid reflux for 20 years, I was diagnosed through a G.I. doctor with Barrett's Esophagus and after 15 years of the Prilosec working, I am now taking Protonix 40 mg twice a day.Any advice would be recommended.Thank you,Robert
I beleive everything is in what you eat. Try the Elisa IGG food scan. It helped me and saved my life. I lost 40 pounds, no more reflux, sleep better and the best... no more intestin problems. I am not saying this is the cure/treatment for you, but you might want to try it you have nothing to loose.See my story on the board.Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.