Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get alot of headaches and extreme backpain also side pain, basically pain all over me.. I think i'm going out of my mind a pain here, a pain there, i find my fiancee is looking at me and thinking she's a complete hypocondriac.. but i genuinley do feel alot of pain all over. What i'm basically trying to say is, i do'nt know much about ibs, but i need to start...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you been to the doctor? Where is your side pain? It could be diverticulitis. I have that AND ibs. I've taken Flagyl and SMZ for the diverticulitis with great results, but it doesn't do much for the ibs. Go to the dr. and see what he says. Good luck,,,,,you are not alone and you are not a hypocondriac. Read this BB and you will have tremendous support and knowledge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You certainly are not alone - don't worry. it may be fibromania (sp?) or something?A lot of people have that with ibs.I get phases where i feel really achey and tired and get constant headaches as well as ibs! It is really miserable. But then it tends to go away for a while - usually around the time i start to panic and wonder if i should see a doctor! I am sure my boyfriend thinks i am a hypochondriac but it really does hurt - all over! Especially as you say - headaches and backache.
Not much fun.I am worried he will get sick of me moaning all the time - so i am trying really hard not to! It sometimes helps to try and take your mind off it and not to give in - but it is very hard.Best of luck - if it is constant i would definitely see a doc.you are really very much not alone!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have gotton a lot of headaches too, but wondering if it has to do with my wisdom tooth, it is the lower left one, have an appointment August 1st to have them remove it, hope that is why I have the headaches and hope the headaches will dissappear after the tooth is gone. As for the backaches, yes, i have periods of backaches too when my IBS flares up. Take Tylenol for it, it helps, also use a moist heating pad for your back.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Be careful with your back pain,i thought mine was from my IBS and periods only,i was wrong.I saw my x rays 3 days ago,i have a disk that has moved in my back,the pain is from a nerve,and the IBS and period flareups just annoy it.Feel Better,Krissy

·
Registered
880 Posts
You sound like my mom, who has IBS and fibromyalgia. You should go check with your doctor, the test for fibro is easy. The doctor will just press 18 "tender" spots on your body and if at least 11 of them hurt, than that's what you have. Make sure you have a doctor that is knowledgable about fibro, though, as some doctors don't believe it exists. They can't cure it, but they can give you medication to take before bed that might greatly improve your symptoms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honey - pain is a sign of a problem and pain wants you to listen to yourself! The kind you are describing could definitely be fibromyalgia or how about Lyme Disease or Rhuemotoid Arthritis? It could also just be a specific flu or virus that has attacked you. I would personally advise a doctor's visit with a blood screening for all of the above. Don't be afraid - the blood tests barely pinch and you need to know what is going on to be helped. Anxiety definitely heightens your symptoms. Let us know how you are!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roison: Great advice above....please let me add when you go to the doctor make sure you have taken time at home to write down everything you want to tell him/her. I know by the time I get in to see the doc and if they are in a hurry I forget to say all that I wanted.Ask for a complete physical if you have not had one this year. Not all docs do good checkups anymore, fast in - fast out.Try to be brave and get across what you are feeling along with all your symptoms.Bless you and Hope this helps!Barbara------------------BJV/Female__(D)[This message has been edited by osgev (edited 07-20-2000).]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Do go and see a DR, don't self diagnose or you will put yourself into a complete panic! Are you under a lot of stress- this can manifest as aches and pains. My sister has the same name as you - it's a great name! I bet no-one ever pronounces it right!Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.