Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HORRIBLE PAINFUL STOMACH PAINS,SPASMS,CRAMPING,BLOATING, BACK PAIN, WITH NECK/LEFT ARM PAIN. CHILLS, RAPID HEART BEAT, DIARHEA, AND SOMETIMES CONSTIPATION. SOMETIMES FEEL LIKE SOMETHIN IS IN MY THROAT, TRYING TO COME UP ALSO. I USUALLY GET THESE ATTACKS AT NIGHT, WHEN I'M SLEEPING, THEY WAKE ME UP. THE NXT DAY I HAVE NO APPETITE, PLUS I HAVE OF COURSE NO ENERGY, FATIGUE....I'VE HAD A CAT SCAN, ULTRASOUND,BLOOD WORK FOR THYROID, HAVING MY COLONSCOPY ON MONDAY JAN 24TH. PLS HELP, I'M GETTTING SCARED......

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've experienced the chills and rapid heart beat at night, usually if my digestive system is not working properly. I know, for me, these are signs of a panic attack. I usually feel better if I concentrate on breathing and relaxing. I know it isn't easy to do and it takes a little while. You're doing the right thing in going for the colonoscopy. try and do something you really enjoy (even if it's just reading) until your exam. It will help take your mind off of things at least for a little while.

G

·
You sound like you've got a horrible but fairly typical IBS picture. I've suffered from most of these symptoms, though not all at the same time. I think the worst of what you are experiencing is panic attacks, probably not helped by all these horrendous tests!! Waiting for results really is the worst isn't it.Take care, and remember you are NOT ALONE.All the best from rainy Manchester.Sue

·
Registered
482 Posts
you dont say how old you are some people get this with emnopause... dont know how true it is was reading it in some womens mag a few months ago
good luck with your tests and we maybe seeing your more often on the ibs boards
dont worry though, stress and anxiety can trigger ibs so just chill as best as you can, youd be suprised the wonders it can do

·
Banned
151 Posts
Keep a diary. Journal what your activities were prior to bedtime, what you ate, any emotional upsets or highs, etc. Also do the food thing. Very helpful to the doc in diagnosing if they have a true picture and who remembers without some notes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you begin to have signs of indigestion(feeling like something is in your throat) and gas pain with pressure in the center of your chest and pain in your left arm you should see a doctor immediatley. this could be a sign of cardiac arrest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.