Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a Polypectomy,gastroscopy & colonoscopy and bloods im having on the 5th of Jan.... Its more than i first thought, really rather nervous!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Do they actually know there are polyps in there?They typically will remove any/all polyps they find in a colonoscopy even if they don't think they will find them. Once you are in there, might as well take any you find. A small percentage of colon polyps will eventually develop a few cancer cells in them. if you pop them out as they occur it prevents colon cancer.You shouldn't need to do anything different and they should prep whatever the need to pop out the polyps for any colonoscopy. No point going back in later to go get them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they actually know there are polyps in there?They typically will remove any/all polyps they find in a colonoscopy even if they don't think they will find them. Once you are in there, might as well take any you find. A small percentage of colon polyps will eventually develop a few cancer cells in them. if you pop them out as they occur it prevents colon cancer.You shouldn't need to do anything different and they should prep whatever the need to pop out the polyps for any colonoscopy. No point going back in later to go get them.
Nope he didnt mention anything about expecting to see them, it was only a minute ago i realised that it was on the form with the other two procedures and had never previously heard the term before.Its true, im happpier it all happening at once anyway it makes it easier and i dont have to have as many procedures. Thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
They should remove any polyps they find (if they find them) with any colonoscopy. That may be why it is listed on the form. They won't leave them in, but they may not find any, either. If you go in there you might as well be ready for anything you might do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts