Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I was wondering if anyone has ever used PoopDoc colon cleanser. Right now I am on Miralax and Zelnorm. I've been going almost everyday with them, but it seems like I still have to go when I'm done. I can tell I'm not completely emptying myself. In fact, I had a colonoscopy a few months ago and my doc said that my small intestine wasn't cleaned out and that rarely happens. Does anyone know if PoopDoc works or any other cleanser?Thanks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well they won't tell you the ingredients easily from what I saw.But I am guessing this is one of the osmotic laxtitives with Magnesium Oxide or something like that in it, based on how it is marketed. I'm not sure what the O1 molecule is. Usually that means a highly reactive oxygen molecule that would be a cancer causing thing (and probably isn't what is going on, but it's kinda funny they promote it that way when anyone who studied what causes cancer in people would go I don't want any more reactive oxygen than I already have), which is kinda scary. O2 is regular air oxygen. But most of the "Oxygen" ones are just high doses of magnesium compounds (Milk of Magnesia would do the same thing) and are simply osmotic laxatives and don't do any special high oxygen cleaning of buildup that isn't in there. That you were not cleaned out from the prep for the colonoscopy doesn't mean you have a toxic buildup linign the colon that nothing but special expensive pills can remove.Most "cleansers" are just expensive versions of stuff you could buy at the pharmacy. Fiber or Senna/Cascara or Magnesium compounds. If you want to spend $40 for something you could get the same thing for $4 at the pharmacy....I think that is why they are not up front about what it is. I don't know that there is any proof that the normal complement on anaerobic bacteria in a colon are bad for you anyway. There has been little to no oxygen in there since day one for human beings, so why do we need to change that now. Also makes me very leary of this product. They don't seem to care about actual science, just use science words to scare you into buying it.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.