Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that when I go pooh really good (which happens once in a blue moon), my stomach hurts more. There is discomfort in my lower right quadrant (and now the pain is beginning to spread up a little, too). I don't get it. I thought IBS symptoms are supposed to be relieved after pooping.Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Jenny,I that sometimes it is releaved with a BM. I know that's how mine is. Not always mind you...but often.Could the pain afterwards be casued by the strain of of the BM? I ask because you sayt hat you are primarily "C". For "D" (at least for me) going is not really that much of an issue....I sit and go. But I would think with "C" there would be a lot more straining and forcing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am new to this group. I have IBS. I have found that a BM usually stops the pain/crampingthat I get. I am the type of IBS sufferer that always gets diarrhea, not constipation.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It happens after I have been constipated for awhile, and then I will go really good, and the pooh is very normal, soft and formed, but there is a lot because I am really backed up. So I am not straining at all, just a lot comes out. I know that BMs normally relieve pain symptoms due to IBS, and that's why I don't understand why I have more discomfort after a really good BM. It makes me feel midly nauseous afterwords, too. The pain feels like it is coming from my ascending colon, but I could be very wrong.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm IBS-D and for me a BM can cause more pain. It's like starting a lawn mower--the BM sort of revs up the cramping in my colon. I hope this is helpful.LouLou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts