Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been struggling with "stomach problems" for years. All the doctors said IBS. Once day someone mentioned Celiac's disease. That is when a person cannot digest gluten a protien found in wheat, rye, barley and oats. I went on a gluten free diet and now my IBS is GONE! I used to come to this forum all the time and have thought about you guys often in the last year. You are a great bunch of people and helped me cope with all the problems associated with IBS and I just want to say Thanks for being there when I needed you. Celiac's is difficult to diagnose and I went gluten free before going for tests. (I was desperate for answers!) This is not recommended because it can mess up the test results. Most doctors will tell you that you have to be almost anorexic looking to be a celiac. That is not true and there is plenty of information on the net. I'm just posting this for your information. Celiac's is more common then first thought. 1 in every 133 American's. I hope this helps someone. And again, thank you all for this great support group.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.