Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had discomfort for 2 months manifested by: .belching after meals and at other times .a sort of feeling of "hunger pangs" all the time, even after eating. now, for the past week I have a feeling of discomfort in the left upper quadrant; not actual pain but a strange sensation. I am having an abd. ultrasound next week and mydoctors wants and EGD and I am really afraid of this test. I think I will ask for an upper GI as a first line screeing test first and then if necessary, Ican take the EGD if something shows up on that test. Anyway, what do ya all think about these symptoms? Does this sound like an ulcer or something else. I do not have any burning type acid reflux that most of you describe. I have tried all the proton pump inhibitors and they make my terrible constipation much much worse and they have caused a variety of other side effects so I am not taking these. I really am bummed about this. Thanks for your insights and ideas.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I had an ulcer. The Upper GI test missed it. I would do the EGD. I was so nervous, but it was a piece of cake. Did not feel or remember a thing. Another advantage to the EGD is that they can actually biopsy your stomach tissue and test it for a variety of problems.I had an ulcer in the duodenum and the biopsy of my stomach was positive for H. Pylori. I was treated and feel much better now. The belching can be an indicator of ulcer. I belched all the time, even when I hadn't eaten in hours. I did not have reflux, just pain, constipation, and lots of belching. PPIs alone won't fix the problem if it's caused by H. Pylori (as mine was). You need the antibiotics, too. Good luck,Stacey

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I had an ulcer. The Upper GI test missed it. I would do the EGD. I was so nervous, but it was a piece of cake. Did not feel or remember a thing. Another advantage to the EGD is that they can actually biopsy your stomach tissue and test it for a variety of problems.I had an ulcer in the duodenum and the biopsy of my stomach was positive for H. Pylori. I was treated and feel much better now. The belching can be an indicator of ulcer. I belched all the time, even when I hadn't eaten in hours. I did not have reflux, just pain, constipation, and lots of belching. PPIs alone won't fix the problem if it's caused by H. Pylori (as mine was). You need the antibiotics, too. Good luck,Stacey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.