Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, it's been a few weeks since I've posted about my health. From this website I found a link for an allergy and food sensitivity testing in London. I never knew you could get tested for a food intolerance as it isn't an auto-immune system reaction. I got tested last weekened and the results were quite startling. As well as being intolerant to over 20 food items they also found I had some environmental allergens. From the test results the nutritionalist believes I may have a yeast infection - subsequently I am following a strict elimination diet and taking probiotics for 3-4months.I also had my first appointment with a consultant last Wednesday. I am being booked for a colonoscopy and have had half a pint of blood taken (no joke) to be taken for testing.I get my results this Tues/Weds. I should feel the benefits from the elimination diet in 2/3 weeks. I'd just like to highlight the yeast infection point - I'd never even thought about yeast prior to the test but it fits in with all my symptoms. If it is a yeast infection then the doctor is hopeful that my IBS is just a symptom of this and I should be recovered in 6-12 months!Do your research on this website - it is a fantastic resource and if it wasn't for this website I would have never have found out I could get tested for a food intolerance. I feel so much more positive and hopeful that my I can go into remission in a year or so! Thanks IBS Self Help and Support Group!
Sophie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.