Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of these discussions (very good, by the way) and came across the topic of post-infectious IBS. I strongly believe that is how my IBS-D came about, since I had NOT ONE symptom before I came down with a horrible bug. But I do not know what it was that I had. I was at home eating my favorite (not anymore) food, my dad's sloppy joes. I started feeling sick about 2 hours later. I did not eat dinner because I had begun to have diarrhea. However, the D just suddenly came on - pure liquid right off the bat- and no warning but for a minute. About 2 hours after the D started I started to vomit. Within 6 hours (starting from my first D) I had D 7-8 times and vomited 7-8 times. The D was pure liquid throughout. And it was one of those sit on the toilet and hold a bucket deals. I could not even keep down water OR ICE. Nothing stayed. I had one shot(IM) of Fenergan. After about 6 hours of all this, I felt better. I went to sleep for the night, and did not have any more of the D or vomiting. However within 2 days of this happening, I started with the D, and have continued to this day with mutiple D episodes a day for at least 3 days a week. This was in February, and the only "relief" I've had is a week of C twice. I don't know what it was that I had, but it changed everything. Any thoughts? Thanks,Rachel

·
Registered
7 Posts
hya god u sound just like me, i went on the sunbed, got burnt felt dead sick, had the D, and have never been right since, i know exactly how u feel it has completly turned my world upside down, i can hardly get my little boy to school anymore having to rely on friends neighbours im 26 for gods sake! i feel housebound now, i cant really offer constructive advice as im the same boat but i can offer you a good ear lol! and i think you will find the site very useful full of lovely people ready to help, all the best kirstyxxx

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have not had it that bad THANK GOD, but I was housebound as well - Then I found the A-Z maps of the local areas (By post) and marked all the toilets on the way to and from work and friends. Then I marked where all the pubs where, as they all have toilets and shops that I knew had toilets.Then I took one day at a time and went for very small journeys, by foot, and then by car and now I can do 6 miles from home, or th ereally stupid part is I can travel through France with no probs, even though I don't know where the toilets are or anything like that ????Do you try Immodium? What about Proctosedyl cream? You might need to cut up some old towels etc as it does stain the old boxers a bit, but it's worth it - You just apply it to the rim or if your brave internally
Get your neighbours to get you some Immodium and just try it one day at a time. Don't set course for the Heart of the Sun, but a little journey every day and familiarise yourself.Write a diary of what things are like now and see what changes there are in December.All the best to you both Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
hya nick, thanx for that nice to know that people do get places in the end, this has come as a real shocker for me and still dont know if its ibs im suffering with, there doesnt seem to be any tests to tell you either way, i just know i woke up one day with the dreaded D got a bit better went down again etc etc until 4 weeks later i can now no longer leave the house, i was relying on the immodium to get me to and from school, but now it seems they are losing there effects and so im scared to rely on them now, i am always ill first thing in the morning with D then i pick up and usually fine through the rest of the day, does this sound like ibs symptoms to you? i can eat and maybe not have the D for 15 hours but my god i always get it, i have now stopped eating as i find this is the only way to get some assurance of not visiting my best mate the toilet. thanx for the advice and friendliness, regards kirstx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.