Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what is going on with my body since Sat. i barely go and my stool is mushy (sorry). I have for the past seven years been taking antispasmatics, immodium, questran, even lotronex when it was on the market to help with my urgency (not all at the same time, of course). I have gone maybe once a day with unformed stool for the past 5 days. I am also getting some pain when I eat and nausea. Does this sound like constipation mode or maybe a bug? I actually took a fleet enema and got some releif this am.any feedback would be greatly appreciated.thanks so muchCarole

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI tom, thanks so much for a response. the irony of all this is that I have been really much better in terms of trips to the bathroom for a couple of months now. Actually I finally had formed stools with just two immodium and 3 antispasmatics a day which for me was a really good day(I go anywhere from 3 to 6 times a day). I used to go up to 18 times a day!!!And now this. I feel as though I am going to panic as I do not know what to expect. I also have bloating and gurgling which is also foreign to me. I do have a dr. to call I am just hoping this will pass. Thanks again, Carole

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I would try this: take Fibracon Pills. It will take the water out of your stool and bulk it up. Let me know how it goes if you try it. I think it may do the trick...even though it's not a prescription drug.If you are having a lot of trouble going to the bathroom there are many other things you can do besides do a fleet enema. Such as: prunes, miralax, or eating black licorice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too get the massive gurgles..there is nothing I can really do about it except take peppermint pills and it helps calm the bowels. Usually when I'm having the gurgling it means I'm going to have 'diapation', a term I've heard tossed around here. That's when you're feeling constipated and sit on the toilet for a while but it comes out closer to diarrhea. Totally unformed anyhow.. And, yes, taking a fiber supplement seemed to help me with that. but the raunchiness.. wow!

G

·
I've gotten relief of my C (and I have alternating IBS with both D and C)... by using hypnotherapy. I was very skeptical in the beginning, but since I've invited Michael Mahoney into my bedroom...
.... my IBS as well as my anxiety have improved enormously. http://www.ibsaudioprogram.com/ Evie

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all so much for your replies. I am so out of it that I even neglected to tell you that I have been off my immodium since last Saturday. I have often had a day here and ther where I am a little stopped up and when I know I will be home take no meds and for the past years clean myself out and start my meds again the next day.I am writing this at 5:20 am as I was awakened by severe cramping. I think I have finally cleared myself up (although i have some nausea). Maybe I will go back to what for me is "normal". I hope so as we all know the anxiety invoved with our condition.I really could not start up with anything this week (except that enema) as I had dr's appointments that have been on my agenda for months.Again thank you all so much for your help and if this continues I will try your suggestions. Carole

1 - 7 of 7 Posts