Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband found this article in which doctors researched a group of heart patients to see if prayer worked for them. It is very interesting because the patients didn't know they were getting prayer for. The one's who got prayed for were significantly better than the ones who didn't get prayed for. Thought you guys might find it interesting. I wounder if this would help with IBS? The article link is below! http://www.mercola.com/1999/oct/31/prayer_...ts_recovery.htm

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I definately believe in the power of prayer.One of my favorite sayings is.. "The shortest distance between a problem , and it's solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."SO TRUE !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to give this article a bump in case it can help someone else. Thanks for your responses. It' refreshing to hear other Christians out there... we need hope and support in prayer for eachother.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am a born again Christian. The Lord is good and his love and mercy is unfailing and never ending! There is no way I could every make it through a day without the support of my loving Father. He walks besides me, comforts me in his arms, listens to the deepest cries of my heart and guides/directs me in His ways. I love the Lord and would not be able to deal with my IBS without Him. I definatly believe in the power of prayer, with His strength we can move mountains! Of course prayer works, when we call upon His name and seek his face, he listens and answers. He is just waiting to hear from us all, not only when we need him but all the time! MY life is living proof of His work!
In His Footsteps, BluesClues "Those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not grow faint." Isaiah 40:31

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was so beautiful bluesclues. When did you find Christianity? I was lucky to be raised in a Christian family. I'm glad you found God. Christians know that they have people that love them because someone brought them to know the love of Jesus Christ. That is best gift anyone can give. We are so blessed. I wish everyone had a relationship with the Father, it would make their lives so much easier.God Bless you all... my IBS & Christian Family!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you that you raised how great the power of pray is. I so firmly believe in the power of pray and have seen many good things from God. God is good, all the time. Fergus McIntyre came over to England from Australia last July and I attended some of his meetings. He's a mighty powerful man and very anointed, God has shown him great favour. In this meeting there was a ministry time. Fergus said that there was someone there who had stomach problems. I waited to see if anyone would go the front for healing but nobody did. I twitched about on my seat, I knew that person was me. He gave 2 more callings, I felt so shy getting up in front of all of those people but somehow my legs got a life of their own and the next thing I knew I was standing next to him. He looked me directly in the eye and said God doesn't want you to have this anymore. He placed his hand on my shoulder and down I went in the Spirit. I had roughly 9 months of freedom, being able to eat wheat and lots of other no, no's. But you see I so nearly missed that chance of respite and healing. I have tried to live in that faith since then, that God doesn't want me to have this anymore but my symptoms are slipping back in again - some with avengence. What I would really like to know is that sometimes I pray with friends over the telephone, is there any chance we could pray with each other over the internet????? I could really do with some like minded people right now. I await your replies. Yours in the love of Christ.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Would you all pray for me?I got the results back from my manometry and it shows that I do not have spasms that is causing all my pain. That is good I guess but now I am back to square one. Is it reflux? If so, why doesn't all the acid reducers I've tried work? None of them work--none of them.I really just need prayer. I don't want to let this get me down.Thank youJleigh

·
Registered
152 Posts
Good to know that there are Christians on this bulletin board. I, too, am a born-again Christian and believe solidly in the power of prayer. Had it not been for the Lord I would have gone down a long time ago with this condition. That I am as good as I am today I attribute to Him alone

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes, I will ceritainly pray for those of yous who have requested prayers. I am writing your names down in my prayer journal now. Just keep close to Him and remember to seek Him daily. Rely on His strength and not your own, and you will be able to make it through the good days and the bad. The Lord is mighty and all-powerful! Praise be to our loving Father that has brought us all together like this. Sure we could start praying over the internet. It is such a comfort to know there are other Christians out their suffering who care enough to pray about each other even without knowing them. May God do a mighty work in you all! His Love is great and reaches to the Heavens. His mercy and love is great. The things he has done for us is so beyond describable! His loving kindness, fills our heart! HE reaches down and picks us up from the depths of despair because he cares for us and desires for us to follow along His path. His path is the only right path, although it may look rough and rocky, and although it may seem like we are not going around the potholes of life but through them....He is by your side and is the closest of friends in those times. Call upon His name today, He is waiting to hear from you!

·
Registered
241 Posts
When did I find the Lord? Well four years ago on Christmas eve I was attending a church service and hear the song "Power Of Your Love", after I heard that song I gave my life to the Lord. (I am just 17 years old now) I never grew up in a Christian home, my mom is saved but my father and brother are not. The Lord has changed my life and taken me through so much! I love Him and thank him everyday for saving my life. If I had not found Him, I would not be here today!~For those of you who have not hear the song Power Of Your Love, it is an amazing song! Here are the lyrics for itPower Of Your LoveLord I come to You Let my heart be changed renewed Flowing from the grace that I found In You Lord I've come to know The weakness I see in me Will be stripped away By the power of Your love Hold me close Let Your love surround me Bring me near Draw me to Your side And as I wait I'll rise up like the eagle And I will soar with You Your Spirit leads me on By the power of Your love Lord unveil my eyes Let me see You face to face The knowledge of Your love as You live In me Lord renew my mind As Your will unfolds my life In living every day By the power of Your love Hold me close Let Your love surround me Bring me near Draw me to Your side

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think there should be a new discussion group opened for people who are christians and would like to pray together and try to lift eachother up. The bible has so much information that would help us if we would put more faith in it. It tells us not to worry about tomorrow, trust in God who gives us strength, and to constantly be in prayer. I love this link called "God's Yellow Pages". It's a great book mark when you want to find a good answer. http://web2.airmail.net/dpelc/yellow/ With this new age of computers and technology, I think it's awesome that we can pray for people around the world. The best time to pray is now (thinking of Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Let us Pray" when I say that). I would like to start. "Dear Heavenly Father. Though we may be hurting right now, we know that you have a plan for us and we love you. Please, Dear God, bring peace and comfort among all of us struggling and scared with IBS. Without you, many of us would not have been able to go on to see the blessings you have in store for us. Through you alone, we have strength. Please forgive us of our sins and help us to learn to follow you and keep counsel with you every day. We know that without you, we would not survive. We love you so very much. Thank you so much for the sacrafice you have made for us. We are undeserving. Please heal us, Dear Lord, as medicine has failed. We cannot wait until the day when we can see and be with you. In Christ Jesus' precious name we pray. Amen"I love you all and hope this prayer was in your heart as well. One day, when we're in heaven, it will be so wonderful and we will be healed. This world is just temporary. Remember? Matthew 6:19-20 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. " (NIV translation) This is just temporary!!!
If you like christian music, you can listen to an awesome radio station through your computer, that we get here in Houston. www.ksbj.org There moto is "Hear No Evil"
It helps me through my day. They have prayer counselors that you can call or e-mail, and they're always having discussion that are very helpful. Today was on anxiety (God must have heard my prayers). :love:

·
Registered
45 Posts
To all of my dear Christians friends above this posting. I am so moved to tears by reading your replies - this just so wonderful for me to know that when I visit this site, you are all here! I don't know how this can work, but I would love to see this topic remain open. To have a chance to post prayer requests, to chat to you, to be encouraged, uplifted, the chance for us to pull strength together on "off" days. PLEASE, PLEASE can we sort something out. I'm having a very "off" day so far and I could really do with some help, some guidence and a bit of God's TLC. My other feelings towards keeping this going, is that someone who may not be saved and who may come across "us", is that they may draw strength and encouragement from reading about what God has done for us. After all God's love is free to everyone - it's there for the taking. How about it everyone, my prayer arms are open to you all. God's blessings until the next time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.