Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm currently in my third year of uni studying education and I have professional experience coming up in October and I'm getting increasingly anxious everyday, i will be in a school setting for about 40 school days straight.

Currently I can generally manage my IBS by waking up after 7:30am, having one BM, taking 4 Metamucil tablets and having 2 more BMs. This all happens over about two hours in the morning, my IBS plays up when i wake up too early, for example leaving for work or uni at 7 or 7:30am, by playing up I mean that I can't have a BM and taking my supplements without first having a BM makes me bloated and feeling terrible all day, also resulting in me having to run to the bathroom more often.

I'm worried that when i do go on my professional experience I will be feeling horrible and sluggish and have to run to the bathroom all day. Leading up to my experience I'm preparing my body by waking up earlier everyday so that I will be ready for my experience, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice that might help me prepare before and during my experience?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts