Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS I stated in the IBD post, I may be pregnant and I have both proctitis and IBS (main symptom is pain and very infrequent). I would love to hear from your experiences of being pregnant and dealing with these conditions? I'm on Asacol for my ulcerative colitis and Levsin/SL for my IBS. Do I stop? Do the symptoms stop during pregnancy or get worse? Does having these conditions make me a higher risk pregnancy? I will find out next week if I am pregnant or not but am worrying NOW so would appreciate your input.... thanks...

·
Registered
824 Posts
I don't have UC, but I do have IBS-D and am 38 weeks pregnant. They had me stop the levsin, but they also said not to worry about it at all until I found out for sure that I was pregnant.You could check the pregnancy category of almost any drug at www.webmd.com if you like; I think Levsin is category c (they don't know if there are problems), but I may be wrong about that. The only one I know for sure is the worst possible thing in pregnancy is quinine - it's category X!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts