Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ibs type D and I take colofac twice a day and now I've started caltrate.I want to get pregnant but I'm afraid of ibs symptoms and having to stop taking the madication.Have any of you got pregnant taking ibs medication? How was it? Did you get better or worse?Thanks,Claudia

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Claudia. I stopped taking all medications before I got pregnant. You should speak to your ob/gyn doctor before you become pregnant and ask him about the medications you are on and if they can be harmful to the baby. They are usually some medications that are safe to take but your doctor has to let you know.My IBS was not so bad when I was pregnant.I am a C/D so I took milk of magnesia a lot for the constipation and I rarely suffered from D.It may be because a lot of women tend to get C when pregnant. Who knows the reasons!!!Good luck!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Claudia, my experiences with pregnancy and IBS were that both times my IBS pretty much was gone. I have "D" type. They say that after the pregnancy the IBS will almost always come back. Mine did. I was not on any meds. for IBS when I got pregnant but I enjoyed NOT having to deal with it!!! Good Luck!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts