Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I am currently about 14 weeks pregnant and have been having trouble with IBS-C for the whole pregnancy. It is particularly bad right now in terms of bloating, bad gas and burping and abdominal pain. I have been able to keep the constipation under control for the most part. Most of the time I can tell that the abdominal pain is IBS related, but if it gets really bad sometimes I really start worrying about the baby. My OB checked me earlier this week and said everything is fine, but I still worry about when I should consider abdominal pain an emergency? I would feel bad if I went to the ER and then it just ended up being severe gas or mild constipation or just IBS abdominal pain in general. I'm wondering if any other pregnant women are dealing with this worry or if anyone has any thoughts on this?Thanks,Jen

·
Registered
927 Posts
I worried about this too. I just had my son in August and my IBS-C was killing me. Labor feels much like really bad menstral cramps. I was able to differentiate between the IBS and any other pain, so it wasn't much of a problem for me. I did end up rushing in about a different pain and what I thought was leaking of fliud. I felt dumb because it was nothing...but certainly better safe than sorry. I would say anything that feels like something you haven't experienced, even if its really bad IBS is worth getting checked out for. When I told my dr. how stupid I felt she said "No way, never feel stupid...you just never know"...so don't worry about what they think, they'd rather you came in. Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck to you!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.