Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyonei'm now 29 weeks pregnant and having constant D!It's really driving me crasy!This is my first and I can't even enjoy the pregnancy.I'm crying almost everyday because of this stinking IBS I really hate it more then enything or enyone in the world!There.....I'm sorry but I really needed to get that out.Is there enyone here who can give me some tips about how to cope with cramps and D during pregnancy?I've had IBS for 7 years now and always had D never C I've been taking imodium eversince but now I'm pregnant it doesn't seem to be working?Does this sound formilliar to enyone?With love ellis

·
Registered
37 Posts
I remember having D near the end of my pregnancy (like week 36+) and my doc said it was pretty normal. Have you tried calcium? Check with your ob/gyn but I think calcium is pretty safe and I bet it would help. Look up posts by member LNAPE who gives detailed advice on the way to take calcium and the kind/brand she recommends. Good Luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can totally relate being I've had IBS-D through 4 of my 5 pregnancies. Ask your primary physician about a prescription for Colestid, I was able to take that pregnant (evidentally it doesn't go into the blood stream, it's main function is to sit in the GI tract and soak up extra liquid etc.) It was a life saver for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.