Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor claims their are no prescription drugs to relieve gas. I have tried simethicone, charcoal tablets, fennel seed, wild yam root, can't spell it acidophilous, to no avail any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
How do you know have gas to begin with?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
How do you know have gas to begin with?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,I have worked in the Pharmacy for most of my life, and I have never seen a perscription forgas, only over the counter. Now a hospital may bedifferent, but to my knowlodge there is nothing for gas that can be perscribed by a doctor.Donna

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,I have worked in the Pharmacy for most of my life, and I have never seen a perscription forgas, only over the counter. Now a hospital may bedifferent, but to my knowlodge there is nothing for gas that can be perscribed by a doctor.Donna

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No prescriptions, but it would help if you told us what particular symptom you are attributing to gas.Here are what some people mean when they say gas. Sometimes some of them are because of gas, but many have OTHER causes as well and depending on which symptoms you have different suggestions may be needed.Fart (how many times a day)BelchingAbdominal distentionFeeling bloatedPainAre the symptoms relieved by farting, or not?K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
No prescriptions, but it would help if you told us what particular symptom you are attributing to gas.Here are what some people mean when they say gas. Sometimes some of them are because of gas, but many have OTHER causes as well and depending on which symptoms you have different suggestions may be needed.Fart (how many times a day)BelchingAbdominal distentionFeeling bloatedPainAre the symptoms relieved by farting, or not?K.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote: have abdominal distension, farting, extreme bloating
How often do you pass gas in a typical day?

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote: have abdominal distension, farting, extreme bloating
How often do you pass gas in a typical day?

·
Registered
644 Posts
quote: How do you know have gas to begin with?
You're such an idiot Flux. Maybe because foul air comes out of the person's butt?Why do you ask such a stupid question when you know it makes people angry? I guess Jeff will have to get sick of my emails asking you to get the hell out of here.Lisa

·
Registered
644 Posts
quote: How do you know have gas to begin with?
You're such an idiot Flux. Maybe because foul air comes out of the person's butt?Why do you ask such a stupid question when you know it makes people angry? I guess Jeff will have to get sick of my emails asking you to get the hell out of here.Lisa

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.