Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,I was wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this. I will get this feeling of pressure (like there is something stuck) in my colon. This makes it feel like things are moving the wrong way in my digestive system, I feel a lot of upward pressure and it will end up in me getting stuff going up the back of my nose. If I then massage certain areas of my abdomen (particularly a spot to the right of my belly button that often feels hard), I will feel some gurgling and/or the sensation of something passing, my abdomen will feel more relaxed, and then the upward pressure will be somewhat relieved.It sort of drives me mad because I feel like my whole feeling of well-being is tied to how my digestive system feels. If it feels "relaxed" I feel decent. If not, I feel horrible and very anxious. Also, it seems like my nose and sinuses should not be affected by my colon so much! Does anyone have any suggestions how to have this "relaxed" feeling more often?Thanks,Terry

·
Registered
6 Posts
actually the sinuses do get affected. i am going through this right now and HATE it. all of the energy is moving the wrong way, and food is stagnating. i also get very anxious when this happens. i get nausea alot with my ibs too and my accupunturist says its from the energy moving up instead of down. i am pretty sick of the whole thing, 30+ years for me and i'm only 38. what i want to hear are people actually feeling better. seems so hopeless to me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good way to describe it, energy moving the wrong way. I also get nauseated and feel very anxious when this happens. I'm about the same age as you, so I can relate. If only we could somehow get things moving the right way most of the time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive had IBS-d for 6 months and just recently started having naseua and stabbing tummy pains w/in the last few weeks, i get these waves of naseua where im sure im going to puke and then i start sneezing like crazy and the naseua goes away,I think it's all related but I'm new to this and getting new wierd symptoms every few months, so unfortunately don't have any advice to give you, I'm sorry. I'm curious what kind of tests have you had, like for blockages or something, that feeling of hardness in your in your side doesnt sound normal,you've asked your doc about it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had any colon tests at all. I mentioned the hardness to my GI, but he didn't seem concerned. At the moment they are more worried about other issues I have. I definitely get this feeling like things (like gas) are stuck and then if I massage the area I will actually hear something move and pass and usually I feel a little better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.