Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have ibs-D , had it for 10 years, but over the last 3 weeks I have had a real pressure feeling in the stomach, like someone is blowing my stomach up with a bycycle pump and also setting fire to it at the same time.It is also gurgling and moving around with lots of noise, imagine a volcano erupting. I also had a stomach bug last week which seems to have settle down, but this pressure, bloated like feeling is getting worse. The doctor gave me ranitidine and omeprazole but they do not seem to be helping, this is so uncomfortable, any ideas anyone please, cant see the doctor until friday.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
try some ginger tea. that may help.ian

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This bloated, pressure on fire feeling is getting very uncomfortable, any other ideas, other than ginger which i have tried and peppermint, the ranitidine and omeprazole dont seem to be helping, any body else ever experience anything like this.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it is not worse after meals, when i go to bed at night and i am lying down to go to sleep it gets better, it gradually gets worse as the day goes on, then lying down at night makes it better.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Lying down at night making it better usually means it isn't GERD as that often gets worse when you lie down.You could try the digestive enzymes anyway although I've used them mostly for after eating bloat (that would last all day but still seemed to be more problematic after meals.).Have you told the gynecologist you have much more severe bloating than before (especially if you stomach to mean abdomen and the pressure is everywhere not just up right by the ribcage).

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It starts hurting just under the rib cage all across the stomach and goes down the centre to just below the tummy button. I haqve told my doctor this aqnd ask her if it could be H-Pylori, she did not seem to take much notice. I am waiting for blood test results to come back and have had stool tests for bacterial infections and the stool results came back negative.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
H. pylori typically causes no symptoms. It doesn't even cause ulcers in everyone that has it, it is worth testing for it, but it isn't likely to be the source of the problem.Could just be some functional dyspepsia that can cause upper GI pain and burning, especially if none of the acid reducers make any difference at all. Unfortunately that isn't easy to treat.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
it may also be some gastritis left over from the bug.ian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.