Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!Does anybody have pressure and pain in their side underneath the lower left rib cage? Most of the time I have pressure and a little bit of pain in that spot. It goes away for a bit after I take this Herbal laxative tea that I have. I'm just not sure if this is my IBS causeing the pressure or something else.Thanks!Lins

·
Registered
487 Posts
I often have pains down my left side which is where the colon is , if you lay down on your left side when u have the pain it might help you to pass some gas

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well all I know is that your descending colon curves at that point from your transverse colon. Have a look at a picture. Do you get other pains as well all over but mostly there? The colon goes up on the right (ascending) across just under your ribs (transverse) then down (descending) to your rectum. There are these roughly 90 degree angles as it turns. My pain is mostly in the lower right (thought it was appendicitis!) I get a lot of loud fluttering noises on the left. Small fluttering noises on the right. Try sit-ups. Maybe it will put the digestive muscle in the right place or at least bring blood/nerve stimuli to your bowel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!Yes, I do get other pains that come and go but the pain on the left is usually always there. I also get pain in the lower right like Iflower described. I'm going to go do some sit ups right now! Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it. Everyone on this board is awesome!! Lins

·
Registered
263 Posts
So maybe that is where your body CRAMPS the most an that turn in the colon, or your pain receptors are stronger...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts