Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,In the past I have used many terms to describe the pain I feel, dull, achey, burning, sharp etc... But I think pressure is also a way I would describe it.. Achey pressure type pain! My pain is all on the left hand side, ribs down to hips, anywhere from the front around to the back.Does anyone else feel this kind of pain/pressure?Thanks all...

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pressure can be either a word used for pain or for those discomforts of IBS that are not overtly painful but are still included. Could be related to what some people call feeling bloated.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,I wouldnt say it feel like bloatedness to me as it is just on the left side of my tummy... Could just be low grade discomfort I supose from the movements/wast/gas passing through the intestine??Ta

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pressure usually is more of a discomfort than a pain. IBS causes discomfort and pain. The pain and discomfort is usually more annoying and more likely to make people anxious (including urgency in there) than any other IBS symptom.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your are right, it definatly is more on the discomfort side of things, rather than oughtright pain.. Well pain and discomfort are definatly my 2 main issues.. Urgency sometimes and soft/loose bm's...Thank you for your info..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Occasionally I feel pain, but I feel a pressure/discomfort just about 24/7 to some degree. It feels like a tightness a lot of times. Weird feeling to explain, really.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts