Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Hi JoanThe area that you're describing is also the location of the splenic flexure (really tight turn) where the transverse and descending colon meet. A lot of people get horrendous pain in that area from trapped gas. They have done studies where they placed air in that area to simulate the pain some people experience. Might be why you feel a little better after you're able to release some gas.

· Registered
255 Posts
JoanI really have no idea, but I'll do some checking around and see if I can find any information on relief from it. It's interesting about the bay leaf remedy...I've never heard of that. Some of the best remedies are passed down from generations..so I may have to try that some day.I'm just wondering if certain yoga positions might help. I know I've read a lot of posts where people use certain positions to help relieve gas. That would be okay for home use, but I'd sure hate to enroll in a yoga class, and THEN find out how well it works in front of a lot of other people!
I remember when my husband and I attended childbirth classes, and the instructor made the women AND the men assume certain positions. One of the daddies-to-be suddenly 'ripped' one, and I was amazed that some of us women didn't deliver right in that room, as we were all trying to hold back from laughing out loud! You try not to giggle, and it just ends up making it worse.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.