Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I have a bowel movement, I have to push. I feel some type of lump or sore on/in my anus. Though I don't know whether if it is stool. I don't really think it is stool, because when my stool comes out, the little lump feeling is still there. It makes me feel like I am constipated, and incomplete. It feels like a little sting when I have my bowel movement sometimes. However, I don't really feel the lump/sting when I wipe. I had a digital rectal exam in August, and the doctor said everything was fine, but why do I feel this way?

I feel a little pressure in my perenieum. Whether if I touch it or not, it makes me feel like I can go poop. What is it? This little lump pressure feeling cannot be seen with a mirror; I have to touch it, then I feel it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
A good way to see what's going on while having a bm is used a phone with camera (if available) put it in selfie mode and put it down so you can see what's going on (yes, while your on toilet!). This helped me find out if had rectal prolapse. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good way to see what's going on while having a bm is used a phone with camera (if available) put it in selfie mode and put it down so you can see what's going on (yes, while your on toilet!). This helped me find out if had rectal prolapse. Hope this helps!
Hello, even if my doctor did the digital rectal exam; could she have missed something? I know the rectum stores feces, but what about the perineum?

·
Community Manager
13,182 Posts
i suppose it could be that you have a rectocele. the test to diagnose that is a defecatory procotogram (defecogram).

here is some info on rectoceles--there is more online. stool can often get caught in a rectocele. often women with a rectocele will do a procedure called splinting (see below) which involves pushing on the perineum to get stool out.

rectocele:

" ... symptoms may include: difficulty with evacuation during a bowel movement and the need to press against the back wall of the vagina and/or space between the rectum and the vagina (perineal body) in order to have a bowel movement. "

https://www.fascrs.org/patients/disease-condition/rectocele-expanded-information

splinting:

http://medicine.umich.edu/sites/default/files/content/downloads/splinting.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts