Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new issue of Prevention Magazine has a feature article on IBS! It gives a round-up of the new drugs available as well as alternative therapies.. Interstingly, there is also a letter in the Reader Mail section about the effectiveness of flaxseed as an IBS treatment, yet it's not included in the feature as a treatment.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Thanks for the info. I haven't seen you posting in a long time. I hope that means you are doing well?------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I too just got my August edition of Prevention magazine---there is an article on IBS--not much more then what has been posted on this site!! I think we are smarter then all these guys!!! They did mention using herbal VALERIAN that calms the colon and stomach. I myself did try flaxseed in the past with no results at all! Just thought you might be interested-----------------------trish

G

·
I thought the article captured well the social problems we have, but was surprised that no mention was made of Caltrate. We should really tell the editors about it so they can inform their readers.

G

·
patjackI was taking Valerian Root for hot flashes, etc. I was groggy and in a fog all the time.It turns out to be a natural sedative, so please be careful with this. It may help calm your stomach, but it may calm your brain and reactions as well.My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.