Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like another hope dashed and more money wasted. I've been taking Primal Defense for two weeks now and it has made my D and gas much worse. I don't know if I'm making my self suffer more needlessly or if the Primal Defense will eventually work and it just makes things worse before it gets better. Has anyone else taken Primal Defense or another probiotic and found that it made things worse at first but then started to help? I don't know if I should keep taking it or not. After going D about a zillion times today and having horrible cramps I'm just not sure.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I've taken different types of probiotics over the years and, with the exception of a little gas at the start-up, have usually had good results at controlling pain and D over time. However, the exception was definitely Primal Defense. Just like you, I took this product (last year at some point) and within two weeks found myself suffering so badly that I had to quit. I actually felt that it was making my IBS worse!I've read here that others have had problems with this product, so I'm thinking that this is not a good probiotic for people with IBS.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, it looks like Primal Defense is a nightmare to many of us D-types. Have any of you tried VSL#3? Since VSL is so expensive I'm afraid to try it but I might eventually.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My favorite probiotics have been Jarrow Dophilus (the ones that come in a blister pack and don't need refrigeration), Culturelle, and just lately I find that the DA-IBS is also pretty good...not to mention the least expensive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.