Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Primal Defense for IBS, today a friend gave me some Primal Defense tablets and a book, Patient Heal Thyself.I am always reluctant to try dietary supplements, the book seems interesting, some of the info I have read in other books. Char

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just read that book too, and found it very intersting. im surprised that more people arent talking about it on this board. im taking what he had to say with some caution seeing he does own a supplement company. but iam taking some probiotics by jarrow and some digistive enzi9(mes by renewlife (one week on probiotics 1 day on enzymes). something is definatly going on with this treatment although im not sure what yet. even though i felt good today i farted a ton!! but i ate all sorts of fun stuff such as waffles for breakfast, coffee in the afternoon,teriaky chiken with rice and veagies and lobstertail pastery ( these are really good). and the point of this list is that i felt good all day and so far to night (im writing this at 11:30 pm. in closeing please get back to me either here on this board or email me. peace

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I like Jordan Rubin, but caution is needed.his probiotic is okay for some people, but others have a problem with it.i went through about 7 bottles. nothing great happened. probiotics are not the answer although they are a small part of it."Patient Heal Thyself" is an okay book, but the one that is co-authored by the GI doctor (Brasco )is better.if you expect a miracle cure forget it.
quote: but i ate all sorts of fun stuff such as waffles
why is it that waffles are so much fun -- i mean seriously. it has to be the unique contraption thing that is responsible. cooking from both sides makes sense. why do i have to be allergic to wheat. why do i have this horrible curse?

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
jh,i have to stay away from all grain and my diet is bare bones organic food.m,i think probiotics are good but for some reason primal defense may bother some people. i don't think it bothered me though.it was interesting because i know this stuff is ACTIVE. it turns my stool dark green, black, brown.and it is not because the base is dark green. i have taken a lot of dark green supplements and nothing has had the kind of effect that this stuff has had.but i took 9 pills per day. expensive!!!!!i am almost positive that very few people will get relief from probiotics alone. much more is needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts