Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sent off tests to great smokies and biolab both of which found candida (yes I know this is a contreversial issue and I don't want to cause any upset). I have been advised by one person to take the fungal defense and primal defense products by Garden of Life. I'm half way through the Fungal defense and am feeling shocking (no surprises). Has anyone else tried this and is so is it a good route for someone who has been suffering with this long term. Kan-D-Tox has also been mentioned to me, does this ring any bells. Any advice would be appreciated, just please don't suggest it's all in my mind! MWM

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
I think Primal Defense products are far too expensive -- most of them at least. You could actually buy the herbs separately and save money.I have been using coconut oil as my new source of oil. I read some really fascinating things about the MCT's that are in coconut oil.Herbal cures can be chancey. Maybe they are strong enough for some people but in my case i had to go full forve with the drugs. I know this because my improvement followed a long period of feeling sick from the dieoff. It was unmistakeable. And then, the stuff came back when I got lax with my diet. As soon as I become irregular (stool stagnates) the stuff seems to want to return.I discovered that if I hit the fleet enemas on a set schedule I can get my colon in tip top shape pretty quick. It may not be a good thing to do over the longhaul but it seems to be necessary when food intolerances causes a breakdown.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Also, it is normal to have candida or other yeast in your colon. I think the problem is some people have an overgrowth and others my be sensitive to the metabolic byproducts. The whole issue is controversial. Right now i am pretty certain that I have the problem under control, yet i am suffering miserably from seasonal allergies. I was never this bad the majority of my life. What happened? I hope it was just yeast that screwed me up. I am hoping that i will recover.If not, then my problem is either bacteria/mycobacterium or a genetically screwed up immune system. I am still confused about the whole thing.I believe in process of elimination. It is not that big of a deal for a person who suspects yeast overgrowth based on doing extensive research and matching up symptoms and events (antibiotic, steroid use, etc), and seeing if a program can solve some symptoms. The key is to do it right.2 years ago a doctor gave me an extremely small amount of nystop to take care of yeast. The treatment was a horrible failure. Therefore, I abandoned the theory for another miserable 18 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.