Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know if you have adhesions? I had a c-section 32 yrs ago and am menopausal. Sex is becoming increasingly painful and the right side pain feels like cramping now. Does this sound like adhesions?

·
Registered
271 Posts
A few weeks ago I had surgery to remove adhesions. Sex, in a few short months, had went from "uncomfortable" to "Oh My God, we're never doing that again!" Among many things damaged by the adhesions, my vagina was fused to my rectum. Basically, everything hurt and nothing worked. I am now undergoing extensive testing to find out how much kidney damage I have. I had x-rays, a CT scan and dozens of dr visits before surgery. Nothing showed adhesions, just calcified scar tissue. I'm trying to get up nerve now to try that sex thing again.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This BearBites,Are you feeling better? Did the surgery work? How did you find out that adhesions were causing the problem? Sorry for all the questions but I suspect this may be some of my problem and need to know where to start.thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
The only way to determine adhesions is a laporoscopy. And as of this past weekend, a, ah, um, "test-drive" with my sweet hubby, things are working - without pain! But so far testing is showing that I have kidney and small bowel damage as a result of the adhesions. Looks like damage, from adhesions pushing and moving things around, was a long time ago and now resulting scar tissue is causing futher problems. Too bad the docs didn't believe me years ago when I said I didn't feel 'right'........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.