Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to contact them no answer!!!!!!!!!!!Why BIGS never answer(if they are).They probably don't need to.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Banned
2,896 Posts
"It's not surprising that PROBACTRIX(tm) was found to be safe at high intake levels, based on the extensive clinical history of the agent," said Dr. Adler, the principal investigator of this study. Dr. Adler added, " What was surprising was that a fairly large number of the study volunteers, who were healthy to start, actually felt better at the conclusion of the study ." PROBACTRIX(tm) is a patented strain of non-pathogenic ("healthy") E.coli M-17 in a liquid suspension that helps restore the microbial balance in the digestive tract. Recent scientific studies have linked the intestinal overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria to symptoms of IBS and other GI disorders.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
biobalance want to sell a lot of probactrix,that's why they ask fda to approve their product.With the fda approvment,docs all over the world are gonna prescribe it.I mean it's a natural product,that's what i think they premeditate theirs world sales.During this time, we still suffering.Anyway,probactrix is have not been prove to cure ibs as i understand.

·
Banned
2,896 Posts
Anyway,probactrix is have not been prove to cure ibs as i understand. i'm looking for all those things that will help. i figure that if i take enough things that help --i can give my body a half a chance to turn things around

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you,re rigth lek but i'm thinking like a desesperate.

·
Banned
8,797 Posts
Yes it is pretty interesting that normals also benefitted from it.It seems beneficial for diarrhea caused by a/bYou will find this interesting kel, lek, whoever you are.(Why the change of name?)"Results showed that the product significantly reduced gastrointestinal complaints versus the control group (p<0.05) within 5 days after initiation of Probactrix. In the treatment arm, there was significant improvement noted in relief of average duration of diarrhea symptoms, as measured by stool frequency, at almost half the duration of the control group. After 10 days of treatment, the treatment group showed 90% complete recovery versus 58% for the control group. The treatment group also showed a measurable improvement in intestinal microflora composition versus the control. Importantly, the treatment group showed a total elimination of Candida albicans in the feces versus the control group, of which 43% tested positive. Candida is a pathogenic yeast that is resistant to most antibiotics and can prosper when the intestinal microbial balance is disturbed by antibiotic therapy. "Biotech Business Week, Oct 6, 2003 p24 Trial shows Probactrix is effective for treating diarrhea caused by antibiotics

·
Banned
2,896 Posts
quote:.(Why the change of name?)
shhh. i'm undercover.bonniei,can you post the link from the last thing you posted. i find it interesting because i am allergic to mold spores they cause all kinds of sinus congestion.i am thinking that i might be extremely reactive to even small amounts of fungi in my intestinal tract.

·
Banned
2,896 Posts
CLINICAL TRIAL SHOWS PROBACTRIXTM HIGHLY EFFECTIVE FOR TREATING DIARRHEA CAUSED BY ANTIBIOTICS September 9, 2003. New York; The BioBalance Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Health Care (NASDAQ BBAL), today released the results of a randomized clinical study in which a formulation containing its proprietary biotherapeutic agent, PROBACTRIXtm, appeared to rapidly and effectively control diarrhea commonly associated with antibiotic usage, known as antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD). Mr. Dennis O’Donnell, BioBalance’s Chief Operating Officer stated, “based on the results of this study, The BioBalance Corporation plans to explore OTC regulatory approval for this new indication. This represents another opportunity to address a very large market with significant unmet needs utilizing our core technology.” Clinical trials were performed on 80 patients undergoing combination antibiotic therapy (including ampicillin) for acute pneumonia or prostatitis, with 40 patients in the PROBACTRIXtm treatment group and an equal number in the control group. Professor A. Vertkine, M.D., Ph.D., head of clinical pharmacology and internal medicine at Moscow State Medical University, conducted the trial in two Moscow municipal hospitals.Results showed that the product significantly reduced gastrointestinal complaints versus the control group (p less than 0.05) within five days after initiation of PROBACTRIXtm. In the treatment arm, there was significant improvement noted in relief of average duration of diarrhea symptoms, as measured by stool frequency, at almost half the duration of the control group. After ten days of treatment, the treatment group showed 90% complete recovery versus 58% for the control group. The treatment group also showed a measurable improvement in intestinal microflora composition versus the control. Importantly, the treatment group showed a total elimination of Candida albicans in the feces versus the control group, of which 43% tested positive. Candida is a pathogenic yeast that is resistant to most antibiotics and can prosper when the intestinal microbial balance is disturbed by antibiotic therapy.Robert Hoerr, M.D., Ph.D., Director of Medical and Regulatory Affairs at BioBalance, added: “This trial is consistent with the results of other PROBACTRIXtm clinical studies that support the importance of restoring the intestinal microbial balance in relieving diarrhea and other GI symptoms”.According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there are 150 million antibiotic prescriptions written annually in the U.S., with the incidence of diarrhea estimated at 20% of patients taking antibiotics. Antibiotic treatment destroys the normal intestinal microflora, often resulting in diarrhea and overgrowth of opportunistic pathogens. Antibiotics can also affect the rate of digestion and the metabolism of fatty acids, both of which also contribute to AAD. About 10-20% of antibiotic diarrhea can lead to a more serious, life threatening form of AAD called pseudomembranous colitis, which can be traced to a bacterium called C. difficile. Diarrhea from antibiotics is particularly problematic in children due to their smaller body mass, which can lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

·
Banned
2,896 Posts
oh, you can definitely find yeast in many people. i read that it is around 40%, but your study has a figure of 43%.i have tested positive for fungi, and i improved when i was on anti-fungal drugs but i improved even more when i added the antibacterial herbs to the mix.in one breath flux will say that there is no yeast. then in another he will say it is normal to have it. just game playing --that is all.i suspect that in most people it is not so much the presence of the yeast but the body's abnormal and exagerated response to it. Dr Shaw -- former CDC doctor has some interesting information on it.the fungal metabolites -- tartaric acid-- that he found in the autistic children makes me wonder if they might be associated with other mental disturbances. cow protein is suspected of causing an extreme immunological reaction in the brains of some children.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you know what?I was simultaneoulsly working the same front in a new topic freshly created!Greatplain probably have the answer without knowing it.What the hek(lek)what the phantom candida?I was thinking that only women devellops that!Even a microbiologist said to me exhausted that everybody bothered her about that and it dosen't exist!

·
Banned
6,905 Posts
An FYI, BioBalance is going through a difficult time right now with the resignation of their president in the fall and perhaps Nasdaq-delisting.I would suspect that you would have better luck getting your hands on some Probactrix if you contacted the researchers who are on their medical advisory board or who were involved in the safety studies. They probably have access to it. If that fails, Probactrix is likely to be available by mid-summer or in the fall.I tried Probactrix for 30 days about a year or so ago before the company got itself off the ground and decided to manufacture and market the product. I found some benefit from it, but was never able to put my finger on what actually changed in gut.Good luck.Jeff

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know where i can find,i'm from the quebec just a few hours from the member #1.I'm gonna try to find it, but Jeff do you have contact to find it even it is probably not a cure?

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.