Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI am a new member and have suffered from a very noisy digestive system and a lot of wind for many years now I have always assumed this to be ibs. Just lately however I have become very conscious of all this noise and this, from what I have read has probably made things worse. I have been trying various things 'peppermint & fennel tea's peppermint oil'. They don't seem to make a lot of difference. I recently read that 'probiotic acidophilus' could help so I tried it, after a few days things seemed to get a lot noisier, and far more wind so I stopped taking it.That was about a week ago trouble is the noise and wind have remained. Has anyone else found 'probiotic acidophilus' to be a problem?Another question. I do find that things tend to be worse in the evenings, usually about 2 hours after I have eaten so I have been trying to identify whether there are trigger foods that affect me. Am I correct in assuming that the excessive farting in the evenings (I don't do it much during the day) is likely to be caused by something I have eaten 2 hours before. Or should I be looking at earlier meals?I am glad that I have found this forum as it is very helpful to read other members comments and to know that you are not the only one.percy

·
Registered
8 Posts
HiI am a new member and have suffered from a very noisy digestive system and a lot of wind for many years now I have always assumed this to be ibs. Just lately however I have become very conscious of all this noise and this, from what I have read has probably made things worse. I have been trying various things 'peppermint & fennel tea's peppermint oil'. They don't seem to make a lot of difference. I recently read that 'probiotic acidophilus' could help so I tried it, after a few days things seemed to get a lot noisier, and far more wind so I stopped taking it.That was about a week ago trouble is the noise and wind have remained. Has anyone else found 'probiotic acidophilus' to be a problem?Another question. I do find that things tend to be worse in the evenings, usually about 2 hours after I have eaten so I have been trying to identify whether there are trigger foods that affect me. Am I correct in assuming that the excessive farting in the evenings (I don't do it much during the day) is likely to be caused by something I have eaten 2 hours before. Or should I be looking at earlier meals?I am glad that I have found this forum as it is very helpful to read other members comments and to know that you are not the only one.percy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Percy - I have terrible IBS and i am fighting it with Probiotics, digestive enzymes and Gluten free products! I got really tired of all the gas and constipation! getting the Acidophelus from walmart wont work! It only has about 1,000,000 good bacteria. I started with a 5 million and i have just started a 14 billion! It is called PB8 and i got it from my local health foos store. I take twice a day and i fell lots better! If the small bowel gets too much bad bacteria it creates all the gas - just like you said! And apparently i have a gluten sensitivity on top of all else! Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your input on this folks. At the moment I will stay off the 'probiotic acidophilus'(1 Billion active cultures) as I am not certain whether this is making things worse. The problem with IBS is trying to find what acts as a trigger, it seems to change with time. At the moment I suspect it is vegetables and I am working my way through various groups. As an example my only non vegetable evening meal of the week which was chips (french fries) and omelette.This is potatoes I know but the evening was virtually without wind and rumbles,great! But there is no way I am going to live on such a diet. The worse thing for me is thinking that the whole world can hear my rumbles but I am told that is not the case and I understand that every-ones gut makes some noise. Its just the frequency that's the problem. I also find a glass of wine works for a little while, but that is a choice between rumbles or liver! Lets look forward to quieter days to come.Best wishespercy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.