Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I recently bought some Jarrow CDS probiotics, but was not able to put them in the fridge for about 7 or 8 hours later. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if probiotics have gone bad/ loss quality? Thanks.Evan

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Nothing I know of other than if they don't work the way they usually do for you.I'm not sure if you can try making yogurt from warm milk using the probiotics in a capsule or not. Just thinking it might be like checking baker's yeast by putting them in a bit of warm water and sugar

·
Registered
307 Posts
Do you have to keep probiotics in the refrigerator?I am going to order Align today for my IBS-D (unlesss someone know something better?)Ordering from USA --> Sweden so they wont be in the refrigerator for days probably, during the shipment. I'm going to order from drugstore.com.Will I waste my money?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Do you have to keep probiotics in the refrigerator?I am going to order Align today for my IBS-D (unlesss someone know something better?)Ordering from USA --> Sweden so they wont be in the refrigerator for days probably, during the shipment. I'm going to order from drugstore.com.Will I waste my money?
My doctor told me once you open the probiotics, they will need to be refrigerated. In shipping, the medication will be air tight - so you should be okay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.