Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started taking probiotics (acidophilus)and have been very pleased with the results so far. I am going to be doing some travelling and won't have access to refrigeration. Anybody know how long these things will remain effective without refrigeration? Or should I spring for the (very expensive) Culturelle which doesn't need to be refrigerated?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
My guess is they would be OK for a few days, but as time progresses they will be less effective.Probiotica doesn't need refrigeration and so that may be another option if it seems to work for you.What I would do is ONLY take the amount you need for the trip and leave the rest at home in the fridge.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
My guess is they would be OK for a few days, but as time progresses they will be less effective.Probiotica doesn't need refrigeration and so that may be another option if it seems to work for you.What I would do is ONLY take the amount you need for the trip and leave the rest at home in the fridge.K.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K,Thanks for the advice. I'll probably do just that: Take what I need with me and leave the rest at home. Although, since I'm travelling internationally, I should probably make sure I have the bottle with me, so they don't think I'm sneaking something stronger into England.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K,Thanks for the advice. I'll probably do just that: Take what I need with me and leave the rest at home. Although, since I'm travelling internationally, I should probably make sure I have the bottle with me, so they don't think I'm sneaking something stronger into England.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dan, I never refrigerated my PB8, and it worked just fine for me. That reminds me, I need to get some more--mine's expired. I don't think it says anything about refrigeration on the bottle. You might want to pick some up. It's marketed under the name PB8 at smaller health food stores and Probiotic Acidophilus at GNC. It's made by Nutrition Now.Debbie

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dan, I never refrigerated my PB8, and it worked just fine for me. That reminds me, I need to get some more--mine's expired. I don't think it says anything about refrigeration on the bottle. You might want to pick some up. It's marketed under the name PB8 at smaller health food stores and Probiotic Acidophilus at GNC. It's made by Nutrition Now.Debbie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.