Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site. I think it's great. I have had IBS for 14 years, but have gotten increasingly worse over the last couple years. Especially with gas and bloating. I have been taking a liquid acidophilus called bio-k for over a year. It took about 3 months before I started to get rid of a lot of the upper gas. I believe that I need to take a probiotic that has both acidophilus & bifidus. I have tried several different kinds, but the side effects have been so bad, I had to discontinue (I also have a system yeast problem, and probably the worst case of IBS ever diagnosed - everything makes me sick). I have now found a probiotic called SISU that I may be able to tolerate. However, I have so far had a couple better days, but am feeling bad again. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who has had similar experiences, and can hopefully tell me that if I stick it out, I will get better. Thanks.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You have to remember that IBS waxes and wanes, so even if a treatment helps alot you may still have symptoms, some days worse than others.Sometimes it helps to keep a diary, so you can judge if overall something makes things better enough to continue it.Also, for most people it takes a combination of things to get good control, and keeping a diary can help you figure it out. People can be notoriously bad at remembering what symptoms were like. (I've got a pretty good handle on what worked for me because when I was in the clinical trial I had to write stuff down for them every day--# BM's ranking my pain with periodic more indepth things like consistancy of stool each day and specifics about the pain quality (achy, pinching, burning, etc).K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts