Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it's been close to a month now that i've been taking probiotics and wanted to let you know how i've been feeling. I have never felt better, the gas is extremely minimal now, no bloating at all and no pain. I don't think I have been taking it long enough really to be sure that it is the probiotics that are making me feel this way but if it is i am very impressed. I sill take prodiem every day and lots of water. Apples, pears , spinach and mangoes help me go, I'm C. . I still avoid my trigger foods of course, don't want to run after trouble. I'll continue on the probiotics and post again in a month. Ask away if you have any questions.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm taking udo's choice super 8, I don't know if the brand makes any difference, I would think that all probiotics must be very similar. I'm not sure yet if it's what making a difference, too soon to tell really. I have stopped lactose a few years ago and that has made a huge difference. I hope you find something that helps you.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Actually with probiotics brand make make a big difference.Dietary supplements are a rather unregulated thing and so the quality of the product varies tremendously across the brands (some have viable bacteria, other generally do not, and if they aren't viable well lets just say dead bacteria do not do much for you other then feed someone else that is alive in there).Also some people find particular species (and different brands have different species) work better for them than others. It may depend on what your particular ecology is before you start taking them as to which will grow well in you.K.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks for the response. I have heard that Culturelle is a very good brand of probiotics and wanted to give it a try but have been unable to find a source for it in my part of Canada. I am not brave enough to purchase it over the internet with a credit card. Right now I am experimenting with some enzymes and aleo vera

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from Canada also Frosbite, I have looked for Culturelle before but could not find it. Hubby bought me this brand. I don't know if the brand I am taking would be available where you live but I;m sure you'd have better luck finding it than Culturelle.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Frostbite, I used to order Culturelle over the internet and never had a problem, but my local CVS now stocks it, so I get it there. Culturelle has a toll-free number 1-888-828-4242. Maybe if you call, they can tell you if it's available in Canada, and under what name. Otherwise, try whatever brand of probiotic you can find, and see if it works for you. As K pointed out, they are all different from each other, but make sure that the one you try has live "good" bacteria.Julia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.