Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started following Heather Van Vorous's recommended diet about a month ago and lately I've noticed that it seems like my gums and the roof of my mouth have been getting cut really easily. I don't know if this is just a coincidence or perhaps I'm low on some kind of nutrient because of all the restrictions in the diet... I used to get cuts occasionally when eating something really hard (like those hard-baked sourdough pretzels), but now a tortilla chip or even cereal will do it. Help!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Not sure what causes that sort of thing....I thought I read sometimes vitamin C seems to help with that sort of thing, but more of a canker sore rather than cut gums...let me see if I can find something (and if not I would bring this up with your dentist to see if you have some issues, or if they know what causes this)I found this, but usually it is infants...but some of the foods that have this are problematic for a lot of IBSers http://www.chclibrary.org/micromed/00070480.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Heather has a couple of books and this website www....comThere is a vitamin set I take for energy issues from www.bodyblues.com. Basically you get them if you take a B-50 supplement (B-complex with 50 mgs each thing) a 400 mg Vitamin D and 200 mg Selenium. This combo seems to help with feeling draged out. If you can add 20 minutes of exercise in natural sunlight every day that helps as well.K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.