Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,I have been taking Questran 1/2 to 1 scoop per day since March after my GB removal last year. Like everyone else here it works well for me, however, I just can't seem to get rid of the heartburn/indigestion from it. I have used Pepcid as my doctor reccomended to try before going to a prescription drug. The Pepcid works but no way does it work good enough. Has anyone here used any GERD or heartburn meds while on Questran? Prilosec looks to be the best, and its available OTC in a few months.
Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Heather. I am sure I will have to get a script med, but we wanted to try everything OTC first. How do you space out the Aciphex dosage not to interfere with the Questran?PS- I also take Lexapro, I see in your post that you take Celexa, I was prescribed Lexapro since its the newest SSRI and in the same family as Celexa. How do you like it?

G

·
You can try OTC generic Zantac first. I cannot take Aciphex. This does not totally help my reflux but it helps! I am also on Questran. I take the Zantac at night and my Questran in the am.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My doctor gave me a free months trial of Prevacid and I must say its AMAZING on the heartburn! 24hour relief..and now that Prilosec is going OTC in a month..I will use that

·
Registered
159 Posts
I take Aciphex, one tablet every day before breakfast. It works best if you take it on an empty stomach. Questran will not "bind" other Meds as long as you take them one hour before or four hours after taking Questran. The Questran Powder was a Godsend for me befor Lotronex was available. Good Luck, MALI

·
Registered
605 Posts
Try taking the Questran with a small meal, I've found that helps head off the heartburn. Also, make sure you wash it down real well by slowly drinking a glass of water after taking it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts