Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new symptom that I've been experiencing. While eating, I feel uncomfortable (not necessarily pain) underneath my breast area; up high. Sometimes it even feels like I might be a little nervous. It has caused me to eat less because of this feeling. Even though, I'm not overweight, I would love to drop 10 lbs, so I don't mind eating less. But, I don't want to have something medically wrong causing me not to eat.Any ideas?

·
Registered
398 Posts
it could be something with your esophagus, like spasms or acid reflux. since it's up so high and occurs while your eating. you should probably contact your doctor about it to make sure it's not acid reflux which could cause some damage.

·
Registered
398 Posts
it could be something with your esophagus, like spasms or acid reflux. since it's up so high and occurs while your eating. you should probably contact your doctor about it to make sure it's not acid reflux which could cause some damage.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gosh, I didn't know acid reflux could cause some real damage. Thanks for responding friski. I am planning to have a physical by general practitioner on Sept. 11. I have a whole host of complaints for him.Although, I might need to see my gastro.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gosh, I didn't know acid reflux could cause some real damage. Thanks for responding friski. I am planning to have a physical by general practitioner on Sept. 11. I have a whole host of complaints for him.Although, I might need to see my gastro.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Patty, The feeling you describe sounds similar to the feeling I used to get which I attributed to indigestion and heartburn which later turned out to be symptoms of GERD. I have been taking Prevacid for several months now and no more feeling. So that you know, GERD can cause damage to the esophagus lining as well as cancer if left untreated for a long (several years) period of time. It is not something to ignore and it is good you will be talking to your doc. about it.There are lots of medicines to help.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Patty, The feeling you describe sounds similar to the feeling I used to get which I attributed to indigestion and heartburn which later turned out to be symptoms of GERD. I have been taking Prevacid for several months now and no more feeling. So that you know, GERD can cause damage to the esophagus lining as well as cancer if left untreated for a long (several years) period of time. It is not something to ignore and it is good you will be talking to your doc. about it.There are lots of medicines to help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
All the above suggestions sound good, and right on track. Since you have an appt with the Dr coming up anyway, I would also suggest possible gallbladder problems, but don't know which side, right or left, you feel the discomfort under your breast. Just a thought. Kitty Kat

·
Registered
126 Posts
All the above suggestions sound good, and right on track. Since you have an appt with the Dr coming up anyway, I would also suggest possible gallbladder problems, but don't know which side, right or left, you feel the discomfort under your breast. Just a thought. Kitty Kat

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Debbie, did you go to your general dr for meds or your gastro? kitty, actually my pain is in the middle right beneath my breasts, but I do have left side pain and have had for years off and on.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Debbie, did you go to your general dr for meds or your gastro? kitty, actually my pain is in the middle right beneath my breasts, but I do have left side pain and have had for years off and on.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I went to a gastro once and never again. He was a jerk but I found a great Family physician and he has prescribed all of my GERD and IBS meds. Actually, I never had the scanning for GERD with the tube but process of elimination led me to get the Prevacid which works! I have had IBS for 25 years and I went to a GP then too and had the upper and lower GI series twice under his script.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I went to a gastro once and never again. He was a jerk but I found a great Family physician and he has prescribed all of my GERD and IBS meds. Actually, I never had the scanning for GERD with the tube but process of elimination led me to get the Prevacid which works! I have had IBS for 25 years and I went to a GP then too and had the upper and lower GI series twice under his script.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts