Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my doc wants me to avoid msg. Well I researched some of it today and its in everything. Does anyone else have issues with this and if so how do you eat. Do you stick to protien and no packaged, processed foods? I was a little overwhelmed at how many foods this is in. I usually eat alot of bread, carbs, rice ext. I am thinking I am going to totally have to change the way I eat and am not sure where to start. I can't do high fat or at least not alot at one time. Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You should be OK with plain grains rather than preflavored ones, and french bread in baguettes is usually with just a few ingredients.Most highly processed foods will have all sorts of things in them including MSG so sticking to plain meats (so not with broth added) fruits veggies and grains that aren't pre-flavored and such should give you a lot to eat from and be a healthier diet overall.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hi mrae, same here. Msg is in a lot of pre-made foods. If you can, try cook these foods at home from scrach (not from the pre-made things) -- rice, vegies, etc., if you prepare them from scratch, then you could just add thing ingredients that you can tolerate. There are some foods that naturally have msg in them, for example, shiitake mushrooms have the highest value of natural msg. So, if the mushrooms bother you, then you might also want to avoid them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts