Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has ever been to a proctologist and had their you know what probed because I am beginning to think LG is a rectoanal disorder instead of a intestinal disorder. I have started feeling weird vibrations in my anus along with a burning sensation, I dont FEEL LG anywhere else in my body except in my butthole. SO, thats what has made me think it is a anal disease/disorder.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thats what I think too mandabell. But my GI doc gave me the anal ultrasound and the manometry test to measure my sphincter strength and both came back normal. I also get the weird feelings and burning sensation "down there". When these feelings happen I know its going to be a bad day.Do you think a proctologist would have any other tests?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too have had the manometry test and the results were "normal". BUT, I feel like since a proctologist specializes in the anal area they may know more about whats going on in there and offer more tests. I know the burning sensation most of us LG'ers feel is NOT normal so maybe a proctologist might have a answer or explanation for that....Who knows!?! I am going to keep trying!!! Wouldn't it suck to be a proctologist though.... what a crappy job!

·
Registered
20 Posts
See my thread: http://ibsgroup.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/74310261/m/475105832I agree with you guys completely. I am thinking that it has more to do with your anal sphincter than anything. How is it that we never feel it when gas seeps out? We should feel it like a normal fart shouldn't we? Unless of course, the anal sphincter muscle is not contracted, thus leaving the anus wide open for air to seep through without our knowledge.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:thus leaving the anus wide open for air to seep through without our knowledge.
As well as stool, which doesn't happen because?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think there is something to this rectoanal disorder thing. Not sure what it is but I thnk it is something that should be looked into (that didn't come out quit right).The only one (other than most moron doctors) that question this is Flux. Someone that doesn't have LG and even questions it's existence. He's a hoot, I laugh evertime I read his post. Maybe if he wasn't so close-minded I could take his committ seriously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.