Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have used Prodiem, and found that it works OK, but both that and Metamucil give me incredible amounts of bloating. My Dr. a few years ago told me to take one tablespoon of whole flax seeds at bed each night followed by a large glass of water. I do this faithfully every night and for the most part it works well. When I am having a really bad bout of IBS-C, it does not help much, but at other times it keeps me very regular. I like taking the flax better because it is all natural, not refined or anything, and it costs very little. I found Prodiem to be very expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
quote:Originally posted by teach:has anyone ever tried using the fiber supplement Prodiem? I heard that it works like metameucil without the bloated feeling.I had used Prodiem for the past 20 years. It was the only thing that really worked for me. As far as I know, the type I took is now off the market. It was a granular type that you had to swallow by the tablespoon. Have you seen it anywhere? They reformulated the old type and the new one doesn't work for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.