Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOOD ALLERGY AND INTOLERANCE, Professor Jonathan Brostoff, MD, Stephen Challacombe, MD (NEW 2002) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/070...product-details � Hardcover: 1120 pages � Publisher: W B Saunders Co; ISBN: 0702020389; 2nd edition (August 9, 2002) "Book DescriptionIn the 15 years since the first edition of Food Allergy and Intolerance was published, the subject has become the focus of intense public interest. Not only are more people aware of the phenomena involved, but new evidence and practices are constantly being introduced, and there has been an unprecedented growth of the field. The second edition encompasses the rigor and depth of the first, whilst incorporating all the changes required to produce the definitive guide to the subject for all those involved. The symptoms of a food allergy or intolerance impacts not only on all allergists, immunologists, nutritionists, gastroenterologists, and pathologists, but doctors of respiratory medicine, dermatologists, general practitioners, pharmcologists and all those in environmental medicine. Book InfoKing's College, London, UK. Provides information on food allergy and intolerance. Topics include immune response, animal models, mediators in food allergy, enzyme deficiency, abnormal nutrition, foods as allergens, migraines, and epilepsy. For primary care physicians, clinicians, pathologists, and pharmacologists. Includes detailed halftone images. Previous edition: c1987.""FOOD ALLERGIES AND FOOD INTOLERANCE: THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO THEIR IDENTIFICTION AND TREATMENT", Professor Jonathan Brostoff , M.D.. Allergy, Immunology and Environmental Medicine, Kings' College, London http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089...6487508-3420903 Of all the books I have read, and all the docs I have worked with, I recommend these two books esp. for those trying to learn to overcome the symptoms of IBS, with d-predominance or cyclic d& c in particularMNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah you will notice that medical textbooks are a bit more pricey than are consumer health books (the difference between the paperback food intolernace/allergy book for patients and the hardcover new book for doctors is more thn content...the cost of the content is higher as well since the complexity of compiling the information from the various contributors, editing, production quality, potential market saize and of course buying power of the market all come into play).I would sugest watching every day or so for a sued one to turn up and order it right away...they will go fast...I have to bite the bullet and pay full pop as the first 2 used ones that came online went so fast they disappeared while I was enetering my orders for them!You almsot have to forgo a family vacation to afford a medical textbook like this!MNL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts