Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiDoes anyone know whether there is any connection between IBS and prostate inflamation, and allergy to partcular kinds of food (eg. water melon, lemon, bananas.) I have been suffering from IBS since 1997 and startd having prostate problems and allergy recently--in addition to lower back pain. Duspatalin is the pill recommended by my doctor. Any advice?Thanks

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
No advice on the prostate (sorry don't have one of those
) but are you by any chance amine intolerant? I too have problems with banana's, lemon, tuna, chocolate (cocoa included)aged meats like bacon and various other things.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've never heard of any relationship between the prostate and IBS or prostate and allergies but anything is possible.Lower back pain and the ole prostate can very well be related. I've seen friends "treated" for prostate infections that were actually lower lumber issues. I've also seen others "treated" by chiropractors when the real issue was the prostate. I guess when a doctor just has a hammer in their bag of tools, everything looks like a nail.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I have recently been diagnosed with Stage 1 enlargement. This has been accompanied by middle of the night urination and often frantic returns home when walking the dog. (None of this accompanied my now long gone IBS problem.) I have begun taking a supplement for this which has worked amazingly well in remedying at least the symptoms of the problem. Whether it will actually reverse the enlargement will pend next year's physical. Notes from the manufacturer on the ingredients follow, just in case you want to try something other than another prescription:"The formula includes the highly-reputable saw palmetto berry, along with scientifically studied pumpkin seed, lycopene, and the nutrient zinc. Working together, these nutrients naturally assist the body in maintaining proper urinary function and in sustaining a normal, healthy prostate...Note: Independent studies show that saw palmetto is better than a placebo in maintaining normal urine flow in men." I have also been told by a friend that this is hormonally driven and that a lowering of beef intake might be worth consideration, given all that are now used in their diets by agri-business.Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the replies. What seems to be happening is that the bloating of the Bowle is adding pressure on the prostate. The lower back pain seems to increase when I go for long walks.Thanks Joolie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.