Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not at all familiar with how this system works. it has been a real pain getting this information out. maybe somebody could give me some pointers. all i want to do is direct your attention to my geocities site, geocities.com/ibsnomore. i have posted a blog under the name proteo entitled "the etiology of ibs". but when i do a search for the words "etiology" or "proteolytic", my blog does not show up. why? what am i doing wrong? all i want to do is post information for everyones's benefit, but it has proven nearly impossible. i am beyond frustrated and close to giving up, but i really want you all to know this info.the premise: stress causes the release of stress hormones including corticotropin releasing factor (crf) which causes increased intestinal permeability and impaired motility, that is, ibs. the energy demands of stress can rob the stomach of energy until it is no longer able to finish its job, which is called hydrolysis, which allows whole proteins into the intestines, which then penetrate the membranes because they have been rendered more permeable by the crf, causing allergic irritation, that is, ibs.the solution: proteolytic (protein-digesting) enzymes and HCl (hydrochloric acid) supplementation.geocities.com/ibsnomore

·
Registered
136 Posts
yes proteo, i was doing some studies back on enzymes and was looking for this stuff. I figured it was actual enzyme loss rather than energy.Some of the stuff though is a little extreme proteo but if you found this to work then great.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:the premise: stress causes the release of stress hormones including corticotropin releasing factor (crf) which causes increased intestinal permeability and impaired motility, that is, ibs. the energy demands of stress can rob the stomach of energy until it is no longer able to finish its job, which is called hydrolysis, which allows whole proteins into the intestines, which then penetrate the membranes because they have been rendered more permeable by the crf, causing allergic irritation, that is, ibs.
The "premise" is false at the outset. Digestion and absorption are perfectly normal in IBSers. Not being able to digest and absorb proteins, which could not result from the "mechanism" described anyway, would result in symptoms that are not present in IBS.
quote:I figured it was actual enzyme loss rather than energy.
There is no enzyme loss in IBS. (It's natural for some percentage of the population to lose the enzyme for digesting milk sugar, but even that doesn't have much clinical relevance for IBS either.On the other hand, some enzyme preparations such as Creon, have been found helpful for bloating. That has nothing to do with the nonsense described above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me get this straight from the outset. i am not here to debate endlessly with internet junkies who are too cynical to accept any new information. i am here to TELL YOU what has saved my life. if you have the same disease that i do, you will benefit from this information. if you don't, move on. i asked for help understanding the blog system. perhaps you could make yourself useful, since it appears by your attitude that you are a regular, and know the ropes, and answer my question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you joolie. philm2 i'm gonna say basically the same thing. don't clutter up my posts with your opinion until you've tried it or you have a legitimate question. they say fifteen percent of americans may have this disease. if i can help one percent of that i have done my life's work.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Um technically in science a theory is used to explain the facts and data that you have, so you can't make up a theory if you have no facts, or it runs counter to facts previously collected.You can't call anything you imagine a theory.If you are guessing because you have no facts you are in the realm of hypothesis. That is the questions you ask to figure out which data you need to go collect then once you have data then you make a theory.Enzymes can help some people with IBS, but it has already been demonstrated that the mechanism of this help has nothing to do with how they break up food but the theory is that it is the signalling processes they are involved with in addition to their role in breaking up food.You can't make up a new theory that does not acknowledge the data already collected.K.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Well, in my case, I expected to have low enzymes show up when I took the comprehensive digestive stool analysis test.My enzymes levels were fine. My digestion of all food types(carbs, fats, protein, fiber) were fine.But my dysbiosis, or bacterial imbalance, was off the chart. Low lacto- and no bifidobacteria with high facultive bacteria.Inflammation was also high. So for me, it shot that theory, hypothesis, w/e out the window.That said, every blue moon someone comes on here & says their IBS completely cleared up by taking digestive enzymes. Lucky dawgs.
Thx for sharing what helped you proteo. I just agree you can't say this will help everyone, or even 1%, of those w/ IBS...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.