Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered from constipation since I remember. I can only have a BM after a very peaceful morning and coffee! I also have to be alone and nobody can interrupt me in order to get the urge! Needless to say, this has limited my life, trips to relatives houses and vacations. I can't tell everybody to leave the room and to not talk to me like for an hour! I finally went to the doctor. He gave me Prozac for the depression and stress this is causing me. He also told me to take 1TBSP of Metamucil or Citrucel a day. It has been a week and I am still straining. I don't know if the Prozac is causing this. Is it to early for me to expect an improvement? Has anybody been prescribed Prozac or any other antidepressant to treat IBS? Any suggestions?Glad to be able to people that know what I am talking about!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have suffered with d for a very long time....long story short...when I ended up in the hospital dehrydrated etc....they suggested I see a shrink & he put me on prozac and my d did lesson almost to the point of non existence. Yes I think prozac can cause you to be c.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,Yep, I have the same morning thing, an hour alone with my coffee does the trick. If I'm going away I get up early and read with a cup of Joe. Almost always works. If the 1 tsp of Citrucel doesn't work I have always had luck taking a second dose right before bed. Give it a whirl. Hope this helps!Fern

1 - 3 of 3 Posts